Pages

Jul 31, 2012

Park it Here!

Volunteer uniform at the Herbert Hoover National Historic Site.

Yesterday was the first day of my artist in residency program at the Herbert Hoover National Historic Site in West Branch, Iowa.  This residency will give me a chance to really concentrate on painting with minimal distractions (I do not consider my LOVELY wife or dog a distraction).  Most of yesterday involved touring the park and meeting the staff and just getting my bearings.  I can only report that half of my boards are now prepped and ready to go.  I've had many people ask me why I'd want to do this. Well honestly for the kind of work that I like to create, having access to a park 24 hours a day is a real treat. 
 To read more about myself and the program go to http://www.nps.gov/heho/parknews/air-walker-allen.htm





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...