Pages

Sep 24, 2012

I'm in a New Work State of Mind

"Siblings" - 18 x 24" - oil (Glen Arbor Art Association Residency Demo)

Take a deep breath because we've got some catching up to do.  The last time you heard from me I was in Glen Arbor, MI preparing for my residency presentation at the Glen Arbor Art Association.  The painting above titled "Siblings" was the piece that I worked on from start to finish during my hour long presentation.  It was a packed house with several painters and art lovers in attendance.  I'm no travel agent but I would strongly recommend visiting Glen Arbor, MI.

I regret to inform folks that my demo/ workshop in Richmond, VA on September 28-30 at the Glave Kocen Gallery has been cancelled.  It's certainly not the last that Richmond's heard from me but with all that's going on this could be a blessing in disguise.  Despite this feel free to stop by the Glave Kocen Gallery to see some of my works in person during the gallery's 5th year anniversary. 


If you're keeping track, you can now add Rochester, NY to the list of places that you can view paintings by Steven Walker.  Next month, starting October 4th, I will have several works in the Nan Miller Gallery's "Majestic Landscapes show.  I dropped off 11 paintings including the painting in the invite above to be in the show.  

"First Thing in the Morning" - 24 x 24" - oil (first place at the Piqua Arts Council)

A few days ago, before picking up my paintings from the Piqua Arts Council competition in Piqua, OH, I was informed that I won first place in the painting category.  Unfortunately, I couldn't make it for the opening but it looked like I was in good company from the works that I saw.  While I was there I had the good fortune of meeting Tom Emerine of Raspberry Woods Studio in Middle Point, OH.  I think you'll be especially impressed with his pottery .

Lastly, I want to wish my dad a Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Matt H. said...

Lovely artwork, and Upstate New York is a beautiful part of the country - a great place to exhibit amazing landscapes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...