Pages

Aug 31, 2011

Extra! Extra!


"Caught Up in the Moment" - 18 x 24" - oil

About a week ago I  participated in the McConnell Arts Center (MAC) "yART" show and sale.  The "yART" event is an art fair held on the lawn of the MAC in Worthington, Ohio and included several artists and area art leagues.  Like many artists, if I had the choice I'd never leave my studio but since I teach the oil painting class at the center it seemed like a good opportunity to draw up interest for my class.  It only made sense to make the best of my time and work on the painting above for an upcoming competition.  In addition to getting some work done I was able to see some familiar faces as well as meet some new folks from the area.  It wasn't far into the day when I found myself being interviewed for the community newspaper.  Maybe it wasn't a bad idea to leave the studio after all.

Special thanks to Jon Cook at the MAC and Candy Brooks of ThisWeek Community Newspaper.

click here for a larger view




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...