Pages

Apr 4, 2009

Out of my Element


"Boogie" - 5" x 7" - oil

Sold

Currently we're in New Jersey visiting friends and family. Since I'm literally out of my element I thought that it would be appropriate to post a painting that isn't "the norm" for me. As if I don't have enough to do. This painting is my contribution to the Different Strokes from Different Folks challenge. It's nice to step out of your comfort zone every now and then even if that means getting out of the state or taking on an unfamiliar subject. Once I'm back home I'll post some of the pieces that I shipped earlier this week to Virginia.

12 comments:

Edward Burton said...

Great painting, Steven. Beautiful colors and the addition of the clouds is a very nice touch. Plus I really like the texture of the sky.

MaryAnn Cleary said...

Steven, I love your work.

Douglas Hoover said...

Look who's showing off now. Seriously, this is a great painting and it still has that recognizable Walker style. Great work as always.

r garriott said...

Steven, just gorgeous! Has the feeling of a classic book illustration from way back.

Steven S. Walker said...

hi there Edward, thanks for the kudos. I thought that the clouds were needed in order for the piece to keep my interest.

Steven S. Walker said...

Thank you MaryAnn!

Steven S. Walker said...

Hi there Douglas, I had planned on skipping this weeks challenge until I saw yours. So I got out of my sick bed and went to work.

Steven S. Walker said...

Hey there Garriott! That's exactly the look I was going for. I have tons of clippings from old illustration annuals that inspire me.

L.Holm said...

Breathtaking! Safe travels,
Liz

Jennifer Phillips said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your work Steven! Found your blog from Chris Beck's blog, and so glad I did - she nominated you for a Blog Award!!! Check it out! www.chrisbeckstudio.blogspot.com

Steven S. Walker said...

Thanks Liz, the trip back gave me plenty of reference for future paintings.

Steven S. Walker said...

Hi there Jennifer, Chris emailed me informing me of the award. I too am glad that you found me and I hope that you enjoy future works. Have a good one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...