Pages

Feb 18, 2009

Old Man River

"The James" - 5" x 7" - oil

Sold

The last time I was in Richmond I did some exploring of the city that I grew up in. Believe it or not, in all of the years that I lived in Richmond I never once took advantage of walking the suspension pedestrian bridge to Belle Isle. Things like this aren't special until you move 500 miles away. Despite a windy day, I got some great shots of the city skyline and the James River. This is the first study that stemmed from that day out. I'm currently working on a larger version of this painting at 30" x 40".

3 comments:

inHERdarkroom said...

This is stunning. I still brag about the two hanging on my wall.

Tracey Clarke said...

Beautiful, Steven.

Anonymous said...

I see your work often at Glave Kocen. I really enjoy the brushwork in the pictures. Keep up the good work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...