Pages

Feb 4, 2009

Making a Eustace out of a Mole Hill?


"Tenn" - 6" x 6" - oil
click here to bid or purchase


I'm not exactly sure as to where this painting is from. I can only narrow it down to Tennessee during a road trip to Nashville. I don't get to see many mountains, or even bumps in the road, here in central Ohio so it's a real treat for me when i do see them. I'd like to paint this piece on a larger scale sometime in the near future but it's among a long list of paintings that I'd like to work on.

Shifting the attention away from myself...I don't often take the opportunity to toot the horn of my friends/archenemies but I feel like this is worthwhile. My good friend/rival David Leonard recently participated in a contest titled "Your Eustace" for the New Yorkers 84th anniversary. His piece was proudly selected to be one of the top twelve winners. The winners are currently online at the New Yorker website (David's piece is #2) and will be in the Feb 9/16 anniversary issue later this week. It's good to know that all of my demeaning, harsh, petty and destructive criticism of him has paid off.

1 comment:

Cheryl Anderson said...

What a beautiful little painting, Steven! It has such a great sense of light and warmth.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...