Pages

Aug 17, 2008

If if's and buts were Okra and Nuts...


Buckeye - 5" x 7" - oil

In one of my previous posts I learned that an Ohio buckeye was a "poisonous nut." If you know anything about Columbus, Ohio then you know that the city is based around Ohio State University. For many, Ohio State is not just the local school but a way of life and when football season comes around it's total pandemonium. The unified support is impressive but I still can't wrap my head around having a poisonous nut as your school mascot. I guess it's no worse than the Fighting Okra (Delta State University) or a standard tree (Stanford). As a new resident of Ohio I thought that it would be fitting to paint an actual buckeye. If you know any "nutty" Ohio natives send them to EBay.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...