Pages

Jun 8, 2008

Charity...never heard of her

Sold
Athens33 - 5" x 7" - oil


I'm not sure if it's the heat but It's been almost a week since I've been able to start a new painting (extremely uncharacteristic of me). As expected, I am still charged from the hundreds of potential paintings that I discovered while in route to Ohio several weeks ago. You'd never know it by just looking but the painting above is on my list of "Ohio" inspired paintings.

Maybe I'm dehydrated but recently I have found myself performing "acts of kindness." For instance, this past Friday I attended the "what a difference a day makes...celebrate each day" show at the Glave Kocen gallery. The show is a benefit for the VCU Massey Cancer Center and features the works of 23 women artist (including the work of Evelyn Davis). Gallery owners, BJ and Jennifer will also hold a live and silent art auction to benefit the Center on June 21st. I must be getting soft in my old age but I decided to donate a few works for the auction. Oddly, it feels good.

Reminder: Fredericksburg show -Opening reception July 5th from 6 to 8:30pm

Show dates: June 30-July 26

813 Sophia Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401 - (540) 373-5646

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...