Pages

Apr 21, 2008

Rainy Day Work

"Farm 81" - 18" x 30" - oil

With the semester ending (can't wait) and with the cancellation of my trip to Italy, I find myself with a little extra time on my schedule. To avoid further procrastination, I decided to start working on the pieces for my June art show in Fredericksburg, VA (plug). The show starts in a couple of months which seems like enough time (16 paintings) but I do know how time flies.

Since I'm not held to any specific themes for this show, I thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to work on some of those paintings that I've been putting off for a rainy day. This particular painting is of a farm located near the Virginia/ West Virginia border on interstate 81 during a return trip from Pennsylvania. There's something very attractive to me about farm life. I think there might even be a few tractor and barn paintings coming soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...