Pages

Apr 16, 2008

Get Lost

click here to bid or buy
The somewhat rough landscape study above stems from a one of my many "get lost" road trips. This painting is from Hanover County, Virginia. Don't ask me what road or route because I don't have a clue. At the time I was semi lost but I knew that I was in Hanover. I always know that I'm in a good place when I don't see any traffic lights.

For me these trips are both necessary and delightful. These trips start off with just picking a direction to start my drive and from there it's any one's guess. My main goal is to obtain reference for future paintings and therefor I always have my camera nearby. I make it a point to take roads and streets that I would not ordinarily take during my normal driving routes around town. I've found some of the most beautiful landscapes lurking between houses and even near truck stops. Get lost!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...