Pages

May 15, 2011

A Brighter Path

"Path to Prosperity" - 5 x 7" - oil
Sold

A few days ago I hit a brick wall (figuratively speaking).  I started second guessing every painting that I wanted to start.  I hadn't even put a mark on the board before convincing myself how badly it would turn out.  It's easy to talk someone else through a mental block but it's totally different when you're left alone with your own discouraging thoughts.   

I was well into a few hours of berating myself before I was able to tell myself "what do you have to lose?"  Sure, I could lose a few hours of work time and maybe some paint but that's small potatoes  I wasn't in danger of losing my self respect or dignity since I lost those years ago.  Even if it's a bad painting I'm likely to walk away having learned something.  All in all the pros outweighed the cons and the painting above is what came of it.  
.

3 comments:

Michol childress said...

Beautiful and unusual composition! Certainly worth the wait, and the weight.lol

Anonymous said...

Nice work Steven :) Love it!

Steven S. Walker said...

Thanks Michol and Dawn! Encouragement is always appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...