Pages

Jul 8, 2010

Landscaping....the American Past Time


"The Village #2" - 12" x 24" - oil

It's been pretty busy lately in the studio but instead of overwhelming you all with one big explosive update I'll give it to you in small doses. The painting above was just accepted into the Maryland Federation of Art's group show titled "American Landscapes." "The Village #2" stems from a unexpected walk through German Village (neighborhood just south of downtown Columbus, OH). Getting the acceptance letter was great news because it's been a while since I've entered any competitions and I knew how competitive the art scene is in the Maryland/DC area. The show will be at the Maryland Federation of Art - 18 State Circle, Annapolis, MD 21401 - from August 20 to September 19. Well, I better get back to the easel... I've got a whole slew of deadlines to meet.

3 comments:

Caroline Peña Bray said...

The composition here is great. I feel there's a little mystery in it, indeed a little naughtiness - private spaces and peeping neighbours. Brilliant! Congrats on the acceptance and good luck with the new deadlines - I'm looking forward to your small doses of updates!

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Congrats Steven! This painting reminds me of some of the neighborhoods in my hometown. Great to hear how busy you are...hope that leads to LOTS of sales.

Steven S. Walker said...

Thank you Caroline, Lindsey and Kathleen! I was curious about what the fence was covering up but I didn't have the nerve to peak over the fence...didn't want to look like I was casing the place out. More to come!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...