Pages

Mar 31, 2010

These are "The Breaks"

"The James #7" - 8 x 10" - oil

Sold

Last week I did the gallery roundabout. This includes driving from Ohio to Virginia then from Virginia to Tennessee and back to Ohio. We picked up some pieces and dropped off some new work. The painting above is just one of the six new paintings that we delivered to BJ Kocen and Jennifer Glave of the Glave Kocen Gallery. While I'm thinking of BJ, I better mention this little tid bit....

Late last year I taught an illustration class at Otterbein College. One of the projects was to create a CD cover for my good friend/ talented musician BJ Kocen. The project went over fairly well. Of course only one of the illustrations could be used for the cover. And the winner was.... Lindsey Billingsley! Take time to check out her site and listen to some of musical stylings of BJ Kocen's "The Breaks."

10 comments:

Kathleen Krucoff said...

You've been busy and that is great!

I love this painting. Very powerful sky and I really like the colors.

Off to check out BJ's music now.

Steven S. Walker said...

Thank you Kathleen! Hopefully I'll have a larger version of this painting soon.

Tracey Clarke said...

Almost "3-D"...BEAUTIFUL.

Steven S. Walker said...

Maybe 3-D glasses will give you the full effect.

Marian Fortunati said...

Pretty cool... you just dropped it off and it's sold already!!
Now THAT's what you like, I'll bet!!

Anonymous said...

This really is magnificent!!! Your work is beautiful and I'm glad to have come across your blog :)

Steven S. Walker said...

Thank you Marian! I love it when they sell almost instantly...lets me know that I'm on the right track.

Steven S. Walker said...

Thank you Dawn! I'm glad that you came across my blog too and I'm especially glad that you like the work. I'm now following your blog.

Zee said...

Steven, I was recently at the Fairfield library and got to chatting with the librarian found out it was your work! I was very impressed! Keep it up!

Steven S. Walker said...

Thank you Zamba. The mural at Fairfield was one of my first real gigs and it really helped to kick off my career. I'm glad you enjoyed the work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...