Pages

Nov 9, 2009

Show and Tell...Everyone


"Firewood" - 24" x 30" - oil

Available at the Glave Kocen Gallery


Anytime I go to Richmond I know that I'll be in high demand between family, friends and work ...and this trip was no different. As I stated in my last post, I was really nervous about talking to several groups of fourth and fifth graders. Well, all of those butterflies left minutes after the first group showed up - and the day at Bettie Weaver Elementary was a success. No heckling, no biting and not one doodie head. What a great group of kids at Bettie Weaver... special thanks to Marie and Curtis Skolnick and Courtney Day.

Now for the opening. What a night! Normally at openings my head's all over the place with anxiety but this night was different. I was too busy schmoozing to have time to worry about anything like sales. I got to see some old friends and I also met some fans that I didn't know that I had. I'd like to thank everyone that came out to the opening. Also I'd like to thank the owners of Glave Kocen Gallery, BJ & Jennifer. They are not only good friends but they've done wonders for my career.

Although there was a huge turnout I know that there are still some folks that couldn't get to the gallery. There's still time... the show will be up until December 23rd.

4 comments:

dominique eichi said...

Oh I love this one. The light and the shadows are SOOOOO wonderful.

Steven S. Walker said...

Thank you Dominique! It's hard to pick between them but this one is in my top ten.

Anonymous said...

I just saw the show. Great sense of space in the pictures. I especially enjoy the very high and low horizon compositions. Keep up the good work!

Steven S. Walker said...

Thank you Cathyann and Adam! I too wish that we could have met Cathyann but it's not the last time that I'll be in Richmond. Thank you for noticing the compositions Adam...I try to put some thought in them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...