Pages

Sep 28, 2009

Pardon the Interruption


"Hatch Show" - 18" x24" - oil

Well it's crunch time. I've finished 29 out of 40 paintings so far with a month left before the big solo show in Richmond, VA at Glave Kocen (plug). I don't like painting right up to the last minute but I've noticed in the past that I usually have a stronger body of work that way. Typically the thought of completing this many pieces doesn't worry me but lately I've been extremely busy. It wasn't always this difficult but somehow (out of nowhere) I ended up with a personal life. I honestly don't know how this happened.

In addition to teaching responsibilities and this crazy personal life I've got to keep the other galleries happy. The piece above was sent to The Arts Company a few weeks ago in an effort to keep them stocked with some Steven Walker pieces. If you enjoy vintage posters as much as I do then you should make time to stop by Hatch Show Prints in downtown Nashville, TN.

3 comments:

chris ferguson said...

Hey Steven, your paintings are wonderful. I've been following your blog for a while now and I finally had to say something.Seeing the results of your hard work really motivates me to keep on painting. I wish you well on your upcoming show.

Steven S. Walker said...

Hi there Chris. Thank you so much for following the blog. I'm always glad to hear when I can help motivate a fellow artist. Thank you again and I hope that you continue to enjoy the blog.

John Vander Stelt said...

Our family stopped in at Hatch while in Nashville on vacation this past April. It was a pilgrimage for me as I'm also a graphic designer who loves their work. Nice painting too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...