Pages

Apr 25, 2009

The Trashman Cometh

"Sunset Dr." - 5" x 7" - oil

click here to bid or purchase

As of late, I've been working on some larger works and therefore have not had time to work on studies until a few days ago. Maybe I shouldn't refer to some of these as studies. Most of the small works that I post I paint with no intention of making a larger and more finished piece. Often they're done for experimentation. This is one of those experiments and stems from one of my many, "where does that road go" driving expeditions in Westerville.

6 comments:

L.Holm said...

It's great! Love the wedge of light on that garage.

Steven S. Walker said...

Thanks Liz! That's one of my favorite parts of this one too.

Unknown said...

I love this. I would love to try and do painting like this.

Steven S. Walker said...

Thanks Sheila! I don't see why you can't try a painting like this...go for it!

Steven S. Walker said...

Thanks Cathyann! I do enjoy these little "driveway" paintings. I use to have problems with greens before I expanded my palette.

Cheryl Anderson said...

This painting has a great abstract design--plus your talent with green and sense of atmosphere. Makes me feel like I could walk right down that driveway and take the garbage can inside!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...