Pages

Mar 18, 2009

No Bull


"5309" - 8" x 10" - oil

This is the second half of the recent cow paintings. This painting along with the one done in the previous post (titled "867") were painted for a cow art competition that I recently entered. With competitions, there's always a chance that you won't make the cut for any number of reasons. My problem isn't the possible rejection but what to do with these pieces if they don't get into the show. With my painting addiction at an all time high I'm sure to run out of storage space soon. I'd love to know what other artists do with old paintings or paintings that haven't sold. Sound off if you've got any ideas.

6 comments:

Suze said...

My suggestion is to paint over them. I think paintings with layers and bits and pieces of other works under make for an intriguing piece.

Steven S. Walker said...

Thanks Suze, I've done that in the past but now I'm hesitant to get rid of perfectly good pieces.

Kathleen Krucoff said...

I would hate to see you paint over these as I do think there has to be a market for them. They are quite beautiful and remind me of some of the fine art works I saw at the King Ranch in Texas years ago.

Kerri Settle said...

Well, if you've looked at my store you can see I've accumulated quite a "few" paintings-in-waiting. For the smaller pieces up to about letter size I use one of these literature organizers:

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&rh=n%3A1069536%2Cp_4%3AFELLOWES&page=1

If I need to stack them in storage, I put a piece of glassine paper between them to protect them from sticking to one another.

The larger pieces that can't go on my wall go into a large storage rack that I bought from Target.

I love your cow paintings!

Anonymous said...

I love all of your stuff - really beautiful!! You can give this one to me if you do not want it!! :)
I love cows and farmland - it reminds me of when I was growing up in WV

Edward Burton said...

WONDERFUL cow paintings, Steven! Beautifully done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...