Pages

Aug 25, 2008

Trains, Kilts and Windy Days


Leuchars Station - 5" x 7" - oil

Sold

All too often I'll look through projects that I worked on earlier in the year. Usually I'll say something like "what were you thinking Steven" or "was I sniffing glue?" This will lead me to revisit the work in question. A few months ago I dropped by the Glave Kocen Gallery to drop off some new work when I noticed a piece that I had completed late last year. The scene was taken while waiting for a train at Leuchars Train Station, an area near St. Andrews, Scotland. Although the painting was decent, it certainly was not up to par in terms of where I'm at today. I relieved Jennifer and BJ of the painting with my heart set on bringing this piece back to life if for no one but myself. In preparation for the new larger painting I created this study which is available on EBay.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...