Pages

Jul 17, 2008

The Journey-"Don't Stop Believin"


Ft. Dix - 5" x 7" - oil

Sold

Yesterday I took some time to update some of the paintings on my website. Although I post quite often on my blog, I sometimes neglect bringing my website up to date.

My next big project is actually an old project. I'm preparing about twenty pieces for the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (VMFA). These pieces will make up a statewide traveling exhibition titled Under a Virginia Sky: Paintings by Steven Walker. Since the date for the exhibition has been pushed back to December (tentatively), I thought I'd take a look at the pieces that I had reserved for the exhibition. I was amazed at how much my work has changed from earlier this year. Fortunately it's been a change for the better. The evolution of my work also means that I have some work to do before December in order to make the show both impressive and cohesive.



The painting above stems from one of the many adventures that my fellow artists and I faced while in Fort Dix, NJ for the Airforce Illustration Program. If anyone is interested in this painting or others on EBay just click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...