Pages

Jun 13, 2008

Giving the Gift of Selfishness

Clyde's - 21" x 24" - oil


Despite what I may joke about, I try to do a good deed daily but every now and then I try to take time for myself. Sometimes this act of self preservation comes across as being selfish or even insensitive. Well you can't please everyone and in some cases anyone but as long as the good outweighs the bad then you've done pretty good for yourself.

Those who live to the future must always appear selfish to those who live to the present - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Although I was in kind of a funk yesterday I decided to make someone else's day a little brighter. The painting above is for my good friend Sandy. She's what I would call the glue at Virginia State University's Art and Design department. She's not the kind of person who expects kudos for doing a good job and that makes her all the more deserving.

Let those who are close to you know that you care before ...you up and move to Ohio.

Reminder: Fredericksburg show -Opening reception July 5th from 6 to 8:30pm Show dates: June 30-July 26 813 Sophia Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401 - (540) 373-5646

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...